Mix n' Match Earrings Latina Style!


Trend Alert
Mix n' Match Earrings

Frida was a trend setter. 
Always doing it her way, not conforming to society and just being herself! Being her own muse! This is what ilaments Jewelry is all about!

It's about embracing who you are, wearing what you want and really gives you the permission 
to be yourself! To wear the big gold hoops, without someone thinking your a Chola! And even if I am y Que? Lol

That's why I created ilaments in 97'-99', it was at a time that I was decolonizing my mind from the general market. Let me explain, General Market is a market in where one of the many varieties of systems, institutions, procedures, social relations and infrastructures engage in an exchange of goods! And for a good 200 years we were never being marketed to the way we are now!

While I'm suppose to be focusing on how Hot these mix matched style is this season, and what a cool artsy way to wear this trendy style of earrings, I'm instead making this about the cultural exchange of goods given to the Latino Market and how we are finally being catered too. This blog isn't called Chicana in the City for nothing. All all I'm trying to say is ilaments Jewelry is about embracing the Latina Style in you! 


So ilaments stands out because I create outside the box and create what I wanted to see in jewelry. My own reflection, my style and designs with bright colors, I wanted to see Frida Earrings, sh...t I wanted to see a Calavera that looked Mexican and not Halloweeny. And now 20 yrs later, Target has nothing but Papel Picado looking gift items. I'm just saying, I began creating and allowing my culture to be seen and heard thru my Chicana perspective and influence.


So I decided to be Chingona, A Bad Ass and create what I like regardless of what General markets were giving out to the masses. And now were here in 2018, and there are so many upcoming beautiful Latina Brands, creating products with a Latina Style to it! Latinas are the buyers of the future!


I took the trend setting acrylic style and just added my signature rose to it. To start incorporating a trend into your daily style, it's all about the accessories. Start minimal and that's what I'm doing here. One long, one short! 

All these pieces above will be in my One-of-Kind Collection on the site, so it's first come, first serve! They are created in house and for the Latina who is wants to embrace herself. Live life to the fullest and who wants to say Chale to general market stilo! 

Me in my Rosa Fan Earrings

I'm just saying:)

Con Carino,

Chicana in the City



Comments

Popular Posts