5 Things that Make Oaxaca a Magical Place to Visit!


5 Things
that Make Oaxaca 
A Magical Place to Visit:

1.  Food


I had an amazing trip to Oaxaca last summer, where I got to experience the culture first hand. Everyone said how beautiful it would be, but if pictures could speak, Oaxaca is truelly a 
magical and beautiful place!

Above was a sample of my breakfast plate I had every morning, with fresh squeezed juice of the day! And our menu changed everyday. If you weren't at the communial eating area by 9 a.m. you could forget about breakfast! I made sure I was there, it set the tone for my day!

Mercado in Tlacalula

Here's a look into one of their local marketplaces, known as Tlacalula. Where mole and other traditional foods are still cooked with traditional recipes 
dating back 500 years!


2. Textiles

Oaxaca is known for their Textiles! This photo was taken at the Museo de Textil in Oaxaca City! I had a day off of work and was told to come visit this Museum! The dresses were all vintage Huipils on Velvet and Silk! Just beautiful, they literally take your breathe away!


3. Ruins of Mitla


Mitla is known as a sacred place to the people of Oaxaca! 
They consider it very Magical! Their is a special energy about it! I could feel it, while standing in the middle of the ruins!




4. Filigree Jewelry


Filigree Jewelry

Even though I design jewelry, I can't tell you how much I love all of these pieces. Each one is handmade and a dying art! With traditions set in Spanish style, filigree is all created with very fine sterling silver wire. Its delicate, yet beautiful! If your in Oaxaca, pick up a pair! 


5. Artesanias

Color, color, color everywhere! 
Embroidered with colors you couldn't even think Of! Above is my friend Nancy holding one of their traditional corazones!

Large Magical Creatures
Called Alebrijes

These Bolsas though!!

Coral Arracadas

I'll just leave Oaxaca right here!
This is just a quick glimpse of what you'll find in Oaxaca!

But there is so much more! I'll expand on this blog later and probably going to have to focus on each part of the culture to really give you better insight to how magical Oaxaca is!

Xoxo,

Chicana in the City










Comments

Popular Posts