#tbt My Mom is the O.G. Chicana in the City

Lucy C. Rocha
Born in 1950
Raised in L.A., Califas

The O.G. Chicana in the City!
Where I get all my L.A. short cuts from, my storytelling and native remedies! My Mom is a Gem of LA! She is super funny and loves to dance! She's a hip Grandma!

Summer of 1972 
Right after she got married

My Mom @ 14yrs Old
Wearing the Beehive look!
And featured on IG
Veterans and Rucas!!

1968 in South Central
at My Dad's Going away Party
To Vietnam

 Modeling
Headshot
1968

My Mom grew up all over L.A. The stories she could tell you!
She is Mexican, 
Native American (Isleta Pueblo) and of Irish Descent.

She is 1 of 10 Children, My Grandmother Aurora *Dora* had 5 Children from her 1st marriage and 5 Children from her 2nd marriage to my Grandfather Guadalupe, who was a Bracero and met my Grandma after arriving here to work on the railroads from Mixcoac, Mexico!

My Mother is a perfect combination of Mexican/Nat. American Descent! 
Our Irish comes from my Great Grandfather, Estavan who is my Grandma Doras Father. 

His mother was full blooded Irish and married his Mexican Father. 
My Great-Grandfather Estevan married my Great-Grandmother, Elija, who was full blooded Isleta Indian, Born in Belen, 
New Mexico! Both My Great-Grandmother and Grandmother were born in Isleta Reservation!

My Grandparents moved to Los Angeles in the late 40's! My Mom is such an Angeleno! Born right at General Hospital, played in City halls fountains as a kid, remembers every corner she's ever lived on and just tells it like it is! Always loved her style and lucky to have a Mom who is beautiful inside and out!

Comments

Popular Posts