ilaments Jewelry of the Day x Tassel Jewelry

So 

 ilaments Rose Talisman Tassel Necklace


The Jewelry Trend Right now are Tassels! They are symbols of power and prestige. Originating from the Latin word "tassau"!

 
Tassels historically served as weaving knots in clothes to prevent unraveling. Then in time they took on a more powerful meaning & worn by ancient priests as talismans that warded off evil spirits. 

 

Another interesting use of the tassels comes from Universities. Who adorned their graduation caps as a symbol of intellectual superiority.


When I decided to do my own Tassel design, I couldn't help but wonder how they became popular or what were tassels traditionally used for? I found so many inspirational stories behind the Tassel and thought I'd share a few with you. So I purposely chose to design around the red tassel just because traditionally red is a color to ward off evil. And discovered how pretty tassels look against the carved roses!


So next time you see an ilaments Rose Talisman Tassel necklace or any tassel for that matter, I hope you'll remember their a symbol of your intellect and a talisman against negativity!




Xoxo,

Chicana in the City



Comments

Popular Posts