ilaments Chola Boss Bamboo Hoops x Cosmo Latina Magazine


Words cannot express how excited I am to have my Chola Boss Bamboo Earrings featured in Cosmo for Latina Magazine! My idea of turning a Classic Bamboo Hoop Earring into a Floral Creation started last year in 2014, when I created my Dia De Los Muertos Sugar Skull Bamboo Hoops. 



Photoshoot by: Fe Eva One from Urban Xic. 
Model: Marisa Ronstadt Lead Singer of Marisa Ronstadt & The Know It Alls!
    
Designing from an appreciation of my culture, color & environment. It's what brought this design to life. It's no doubt that I didn't create the Bamboo Hoop Earring. But as you can be certain that my
Sugar Skulls & flowers are 101% ilaments! Which is how the Chola Boss Bamboo Earring design came into existence. It was about creating something beautiful, yet with a strong desire to showcase one's own self identity! So the Classic Bamboo Hoop Earring became my Floral Muse!
 

And when the final touches were made! It was like magic!
The Chola Boss Collection came into the universe!


 I'm sure some of the Glitter Chola in me had to do something with that! But it honestly just came down to me being my authentic self. Cultural Chicana, Colorful & a Chola Boss! And at the root of it to be unapologetic for my Stilo! In hopes there are other women or mujeres out there from all Cultural backgrounds who can identify with being both beautiful & strong! No matter where your from.

This is what My Chola Boss Collection is all about! Over my 16 years, (yes 16 yrs.) Jewelry Career, I've tried to remain humble, real & remember to still have fun with my work! Never to lose sight of where I come from, who I am, where I've been & most importantly know where I'm going!

So to those out their who have doubt or fear. I just want to remind you it's ok to be who you were meant to be! Your Authentic Self!


   Photoshoot by: Ana Lydia Monaco &
   Model: Arlene from #mysangrelatina

Xoxo,

Chicana in the City





Comments

Popular Posts