A Tale of a Blogger's Daughter

           A Tale of a Blogger's Daughter 
           (Do not show her this pic)! 

   Ila (My Daughter) Age 12 aka Pre-Teen 

Save me! I'm entering the 12 Year Old Zone! The world of a Pre-Teen, where the word "Mom" is now being said with attitude, the years of "Mom" really??? The tone behind my daughter saying "just drop me off right here at the curb", like I'm some secret of the family no one should know about!

Yes, my time has come where my little girl is no longer a little girl! Where our days of playing on the swings has gone and turned into, "Mom" stop we NEED to go into F21! There should be a warning label on her now that reads "Stand by, Pre-Teen alert! New woman emerging as we speak"! I'm sure all mom's can understand! Me included, so I indulged her for her 12th Birthday just a little.

I have to realize, its a whole new ball of wax, the era where school friends are everything, and family is just ehh! Where you're now not only figuring out your identity, but now worrying about your #selfie or who's following who, & who liked what?! ila is no different! And actually now that I think about it, I was no different! OMG, I was worse! My poor Mom! Where's my phone so I can apologize for all those nights I......(fill in the blanks, cuz there's alot of stuff I did)! Eekkkk!!!!

 I'm like what was I doing when I was 12, what was I wearing, what was I doing??? Wait! That's right, I was also wanting to wear the latest looks, etc. Now ila's into what matters, what she looks like
 Welcome to my Pre-Teen World! Well I got the behind the scenes #bts of ila's 12th Birthday!  


        Penny Chic by: Shauna Miller

Well while we went out to dinner at www.thegrovela.com, in L.A., You know there is no way a Pre-Teen is going to pass up shopping into Forever 21! Who am I kidding, I'm 21 again and I can't not not go into F21! It turns out that Shauna Miller's, who is a Fashion Blogger was having her 
Penny Chic Book Tour Kick Off / Book Signing inside Forever21! 

#omg #fashionistas #bloggers #shaunamiller #pennychic 
#instagood #style #fashion #me #forever21 and....

Every other hashtag I could think of takes over! Besides, ila pulling me sideways to get into the store & pulling the Blogger card on me! "Mom", your a Blogger, you should go see who it is?". I'm like whose the Blogger here? This girl is learning fast! And not only learning, gaining independence, style and hungry to learn about Fashion, Forever21, Bloggers, Instagram, etc! Help, help, help!

Well luck would have it, we were the first one's there! ila got to meet Shauna Miller! 
Who greeted her with such a huge hug, wonderful birthday shout out not only at Forever 21, 
but also later that night thru instagram & today on her own Blog Post! 



ila, Lucy & Shauna Miller! Woo, hoo!

Shauna Miller and her dedication to ila!!!


While she was doing her meet n greet, I decided to do my blogger thang & take a quick pic of Forever 21 x Barbie New Fab Collaboration! Tees, Bags & Accessories! www.forever21.com


But back to how ila, my Pre-Teen picked up Shauna's very Savy, Penny Chic Book! 
This is a sneak peak into a few pages of Shauna's "How to be Stylish"
tips for any young Pre-Teens, Teenager, Young Woman & basically for any future Fashionista!



    Snap shots of Penny Chic's Book & Getting Inspired

ila's like "Mommy, your already doing this"! And I'm like, "doing what?" And she shows me her book with Shauna's pic of her own inspiration board! The first thing I realize, is yes my baby is becoming her own little woman, but maybe I'm doing something right here? I've been trying to connect to her & now she's putting the blogging, business, ideas, inspiration together! 

     Quick Jewelry Pic from the Book (Can't help it, it's the Jewelry Designer in me)!
The Safety-Pin DIY Project was one of my first jewelry designs I ever learned!

Two thumbs up to Shauna & your team, for showing girls "How to Own It", for publishing your own book and giving girls young & old some definitely needed #girlpower! These are the years our girls our figuring themselves out! We need more books like Penny Chic & woman like you Shauna, 
who are willing to do the work & not be afraid to put your dreams out there! 
This book is not only insightful, but easy to read, & a great resource! 

I'm glad ila got to meet you, Shauna! And our #Sprinkles cupcakes weren't too bad either!;)


Here's a few more snap shots of the book & great photos of Shauna Miller by her Photographer/Mom: Shideh Miller! Here is Shauna's Little Black Dress Clothing Collection! www.pennychic.com

Xoxo, 

Chicana in the City 
                                                     
P.s.s.s

Signature Breathing (inside Blogger thing) 
But just want to thank Shauna for including Ila, Lucy & I in her Blog Post!

                                                  Photo Credit www.pennychic.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts