Juan Solis Art x ilaments Jewelry @ ChimMaya Art Gallery

Juan Solis Artwork x Ilaments x ChimMaya Art Gallery

"I paint my own reality. The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration."

Last weekend I got to experience Frida's inspiring words through the Artwork of Juan Solis, while exhibiting my own ilaments Jewelry Collection @ ChimMaya Art Gallery! 

ChimMaya is a local East Los Angeles Gallery, with a current Art Exhibition of inspired works using Frida Kahlo as each Artists muse! If you've never experienced ChimMaya's Frida exhibits,  you my friend are missing out on some of the most talented Contemporary Latino/Chicano Artists in town! 

One of ChimMaya's Resident Artist in the Frida Kahlo exhibit is Juan Solis! Juan has been exhibiting with ChimMaya since their first Frida Show in 2006. Its not surprising that during this years Frida Exhibit, Juan's Frida sold immediately! Look at Juan's amazing work www.juansolisart.com and you can understand why!

By popular demand & by clients request, Creative Director, Steven Acevado of ChimMaya asked Juan if he could produce yet another Frida inspired art piece? Juan accepted the challenge!

This is where Steven's brilliant creative direction took the lead, during Juan's live painting demonstration last week in the gallery. I was also exhibiting my ilaments Jewelry Collection, when Steven asked Juan to consider including my Vida y Muerte Jewelry into his new Frida painting!

Juan loved the idea! And so did I! He wasted no time taking a picture of my jewelry and went to work! Above is the result of two Artists & how one Gallery Owner's vision came together!

"Corazon, Vida y Muerte" is Juan's new title for his Frida painting you see above. Drawing inspiration from my Jewelry for the title reflects the words Vida y Muerte, Life and Death incorporated into my metalwork. Truth is I aways include my Mexican & Native American heritage into each design. My "Frida es Vida" Dia de Los Muertos Necklace, used above has a Coral heart my chosen misplaced bead.

Anyone who collects my jewelry knows I always place a misplaced bead in my work. It's a Native American philosophy that represents our imperfections & serves as a reminder that we are not perfect like the creator. It is my way of incorporating & honoring  my Native American heritage.

Steven's words were perfect when he said to me, "Like they say...”it takes a village”, something that is unique to our Chicano community, and the family of artists we have in our gallery that something like this could be done! We're very blessed. It’s the Latino/Chicano way!" 
 
Juan Solis's Art "Corazon, Vida y Muerte" will be on view at ChimMaya thru August & an open edition, signed print will be available next week at ChimMaya along with my Vida y Muerte Earrings & Necklace. Orders can be placed thru ChimMaya now thru the end of August at a special exhibition price. I would link my website, yet we are excited to relaunch our new web design soon! So for now take advantage on our special at ChimMaya!

Here's a sneak peak of the Frida Exhibit  at ChimMaya now and Juan Solis painting live!

      Photo by: www.stevesaldivar.com

                

             Frida Artwork on Exhibit
                 "Frida en El Jardin" 
          Artwork by: Brenda Williams

                     "Frida Pensativa" 
              Artwork by: Hector Silva

             "Frida" by Erasmo (NFS)
                Private Collection of :
             Marco Antonio Velasco
                  
          "Frida with Thorn Necklace"
       Artwork by: Roger Rishab Tibon

                  "Diego Mi Diego"
           Artwork by: Roger Trivinos

                  "E Ritorno Da Te"
            Artwork by: Raul Esparza

                     "La Realidad" 
            Artwork by: Emilia Garcia 

                   "Ring of Friends"
          Artwork by: Robert Palacios
                  
"Vida la Frida" by: Anna Alvarado                               www.dulcedetamarindo.com

To inquire more on ChimMaya Art Gallery & jewelry featured in Juan Solis's "Corazon, Vida y Muerte" Contact:
Steven Acevedo CEO/ Creative Director  @ sacevedo@chimmaya.com.
ChimMaya Art Gallery 5283 East Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, Ca 323-869-8881


 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts